LA STORIA DEI MARCHI
The Miranda Camera Company, originally named the Orion Camera Company, manufactured cameras in Japan between 1955 and 1978. Their first camera was the Miranda T. Many of their products were single-lens reflex cameras for 135 film (35 mm). Unlike many Japanese made cameras, Miranda did not make their own lenses and had to rely on other manufacturers to supply them.
In the early 1980s, the British electrical and photographic retailer Dixons acquired the rights to the name and used it on a range of photographic equipment. This included badge-engineered versions of Cosina cameras which were distributed in several European countries.
As of May 2011, Dixons Retail still has the rights to the brand in several countries but no longer uses it and plans to sell the brand off.
anche estratto http://it.wikipedia.org